Friday, May 13, 2011

Get me a job

I saw that title on www.momslikeme.com and jumped on it. I didn't know much to start, just that 9News was working on a segment about those of us looking for a career. I know a lot of moms that are in my position and feel like they are stuck and confused on how to really showcase their strengths.
I have been applying for jobs for a few months now and the only responses I have received so far have been rejection letters. I'm upbeat, work great with people, have sales experience....why can't I land an interview??
One of my biggest questions has always been if I should list my homemaker job on my resume. When you really look at it I have learned a lot in my job as mom.
My time management skills are superb, I manage a rather tight monthly budget, do all the cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc and I don't think I have earned any sick days over the last 3 years. But how do I showcase this on a resume to employers?

I also know I am facing challenges, nothing new, life is full of them but I have a really good feeling that I'm taking a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment