Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The little things

I've posted before about Baby Maddie and today I was reading her mom's blog and saw this in the comments:
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wow! What powerful and true words. They really hit home. You think you will remember every moment of your child(ren)'s life. But you don't.
Time fades memories.
That's why I take pictures. Lots of pictures. And I mean a lot of pictures.

Today I went with my mom, Jameson, Dominic, Alyssa (niece), and Xavier (nephew) to the Denver Diner. It wasn't anything special, just a lunch date while the car got worked on but it's a little thing that really is the big things.
The kids were really good and enjoyed looking out the window- Xavier and Jameson would point out each bus or big truck that went by and were just giggling with each other. Alyssa got up to dance and got embarrassed because someone caught her.

It was just nice. Being with my mom is nice. She flies back to Ohio Saturday after being here a month and I am going to miss her.

Oh and this morning I blew bubbles with the boys. Dominic loved the bubbles. It was adorable watching him try to catch them and look confused on where they had gone.

It really is the little things. No one is promised a tomorrow, so laugh a lot, dance a lot, love a lot, live a lot, and dammit.....take pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment