Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dearest Briana;

I have changed so much since having you, I think I'm a better person now. A better person because of you. I always thought being a parent meant teaching your children things. Teaching them manners, how to read, tie their shoes, cook eggs.....but you taught me that children teach their parents more than we can ever teach them.
While I taught you manners, you taught me to laugh at messes.
While I taught you to read, you taught me to make up stories as I go.
While I taught you how to tie your shoes, you taught me to have patience.
While I taught you to cook eggs, you taught me that life is filled with the simplest pleasures.

You have such a big heart, care deeply for other people and you've taught me to care more for others. To have compassion and empathy when I may not understand where someone else is coming from.
I'm so proud of you and I love you!

Love forever and always,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment