Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lessons from the smallest places

A friend on facebook linked this blog:
http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/

And I went to check out. Through my tears I read about baby Maddie, who at 4 months old passed away at the babysitters house on February 17th. It is heartbreaking. Parents should not have to pick out a casket for their babies.

This morning started kinda rough. Jameson has a cold and Dominic seems to have a very mild version of the same cold so sleep has been scarce in this household. Then Jameson woke up in a bad mood, he was demanding breakfast but not wanting me to cook it, not wanting his brother to make any noise.....sigh, just rough.

But then I read about baby Maddie and this morning is no longer rough. It's a memory, a cherished memory of my sweet baby boys driving me crazy.

I know other mothers who have lost their babies and they are all in my prayers today. I know that today is Maddie's funeral and as a mother I couldn't imagine if that was how I would spend my day, so I'll take the whining, take the crying, take missing my shower, take being behind on dishes and laundry, take not being able to go out, and take as little sleep as I have to because I know I'm blessed.

That's something a little bay girl I never met taught me today.

Rest in peace, baby Maddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment